new Molly gave birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FoxRob

Aquarium Advice Activist
We had bought a few mollies the other day and one of the females looked pregnant, well last night she gave birth. We had gathered them up and placed them in the breeder for now. I have a 10 gallon that I just set up not cycles yet. I'm going to buy another Aquatic Clear 70 for my 55 so I can put the TopFin 60 on my 29 gallon(the one with the mollies in it and use the filter off the 29 gallon on the 10 gallon would this be a good idea for the new babies.

Thanks for the fast reply Rich. As soon as the 10 gallon is ready they are going into it.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110630_120624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110630_120624.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 90
OK got the filter swapped over from the 29 gallon to the 10 gallon and it's up and running how long should I let it run before moving the fry into the 10 gallon? It is testing as a new tank right now, ph is 7.6, ammo is 1.0, nitrIte is 0 and nitrAte is 0, temp is set at 78* same as the 29 gallon. ph in the 29 is 6.8, ammo spiked up to .25 it was 0 the day before yesterday, nitIte is 0 and nitrAte is 5ppm. Temp is 78*

Do not move them if you have ammonia in the tank. You may need to add some filter media to the filter.

We lost them while waiting for the tank to be ready. We also lost mama too. But we have another female who is squaring off, so I'm thinking she was pregnant when we bought her too.

What kind of breeder do you have? I use the net breeder, it works out pretty well. Just floats in the tank and they adapt to whatever the water is in the tank they were born in. They seem to be doing great.

By the way yours were born much larger than mine, sorry to hear about your loss :(

Back
Top Bottom