New Platy, and Possibly Pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a closer look. Its the best I can do right now. I swear she doesn't like the camera. She kinda freaks out whenever I bring it out so I try to only use it briefly so she doesn't get too stressed and abort if she is pregnant.

IMG_20130820_103158-1.jpg

Here's a closer look. Its the best I can do right now. I swear she doesn't like the camera. She kinda freaks out whenever I bring it out so I try to only use it briefly so she doesn't get too stressed and abort if she is pregnant.

I think I see a gravid spot!!! :)

I knew it! Haha here's some better pics

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130821_121322.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130821_121322.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 37
  • ForumRunner_20130821_121401.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130821_121401.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 46
Thanks! That's exactly the reason I got her. Didn't know much about them either haha she just stood out so I grabbed her.

ive learned alot about platys feel free to PM me if u have questions or u wanna bounce some stuff off of someone else, platys are kinda my thing

ive learned alot about platys feel free to PM me if u have questions or u wanna bounce some stuff off of someone else, platys are kinda my thing

Haha thanks, sounds good. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the fry.

Haha thanks, sounds good. Now I just gotta figure out what to do with the fry.

Friends lol lol lol, ive already got all my fry lined up with homes, thank goodness for friends/co-workers that have tanks and like platys! also small buisness pet shops sometimes buy them buy the lot, they dont pay much but hey its better than nothing

Friends lol lol lol, ive already got all my fry lined up with homes, thank goodness for friends/co-workers that have tanks and like platys! also small buisness pet shops sometimes buy them buy the lot, they dont pay much but hey its better than nothing

Haha only a few of my friends have tanks but that's a really good idea. I still have to talk to one of my lfs' about bringing them in for store credit. I know my other lfs will take them but they wont give me anything in exchange. I know I wont get much anyway but if I got at least a buck each and she had 10-14 fry everytime.. Like you said, that's better than nothing haha

I also might be getting my hands on a 40 gallon "breeder" with stand and misc. for $30 so I'm thinking about getting a few more similar looking platies after its all set up and cycled :)

Can someone help me identify this platy? I'd like to get some more in the future so I guess I should know what kind they are lol

I also might be getting my hands on a 40 gallon "breeder" with stand and misc. for $30 so I'm thinking about getting a few more similar looking platies after its all set up and cycled :)

Nice! ive been looking into getting a bigger tank so i could use my bio cube as a breeder tank

Back
Top Bottom