New unknown baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today I was looking in my tank and I seen 1 baby swimming about. I don't know what it is I have 2 serpae tetras in the tank but I'm sure it's not there's. I also have a baby whale that was just purchased 2 days ago. I had 2 boccochromis fish but they are both females that I removed from the tank. Then there is a hap tomato female. Also removed from the tank. I have had these fish for a month or so. And they use to be with males in another tank. Anyways I have this unknown baby in my tank how cool is that. It's a mystery till it gets big enough to identify. My only concern is my baby whale may eat this baby. My only other option is to put it in an uncycled tank ( not a good idea )and I really think he should just be left alone since it has made it this far. What should I do? I can't move the whale because the tank I have for the baby is 1 gal. So that's not an option. Sorry I can't post pics or I would

No new plants I bought this whale recently and dumped the bag out into my net then put him in the tank but maybe that's where it came from not certain though.

Some fish can hold sperm in them for a period of time. If you go to your pet store that you get your supplies from they should have a baby net to hang on the side of your tank. You could put him in there.

Good thinking I will go there tomorrow and look for one. Right now it just have him I'm my net setting in the tank. I'm almost certain the whale will eat him if I don't

Yea I would think so. Good luck! I have also had unknown fry. I just put my oldest of 4 in my tank today! I was so excited! Anyways good luck again!

I just found out on my thread that my fry may be a mix of molly and platy...I thought it was weird at first then I said " cool I have hybrids!"

Molly and Platty do not cross. Mollies can cross with guppies but not Platties. Platties can cross with swordtails but not Mollies. If you cannot find a net box for the fry you can take any plastic container and put small holes all over it. Hang that inside the tank. Works in a pinch.

Nice, I will wait till tomorrow to see if LFS has anything. If not I may use this method thanks

I love mystery fry......waiting to see what you got. Bought java moss one time for a 30 gallon tank I was setting up. Tank was not cycled or anything tied the moss to some driftwood and a few weeks later seen tiny fry swimming around, I ended up with 13 celestial pearl danios.

I love mystery fry......waiting to see what you got. Bought java moss one time for a 30 gallon tank I was setting up. Tank was not cycled or anything tied the moss to some driftwood and a few weeks later seen tiny fry swimming around, I ended up with 13 celestial pearl danios.

Wow, lucky. Those are expensive little buggers.

They have become one of my favorite fish. I am not sure why they are pricey they breed like rabbits and require no special food or care to thrive

Back
Top Bottom