Nitrates ammonia and nitrites lost with evaporation???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I have just set up my discus breeding tank not yesterday the day before and in the last couple of days I have had to add a whole bucket of water to top the tank up the bucket is 15 litres could that count as my water changes because I know certain particles do not evaporate with water also could this water loss just be due to the porous bio media soaking up the water there is 45 kilos of bio media! Thanks for any reply!

No they certainly do not. Only the water will evaporate, all chemicals and minerals are left behind and the mineral build up will raise the hardness of your water.

Why do you have 45kg of bio media?

No they certainly do not. Only the water will evaporate, all chemicals and minerals are left behind and the mineral build up will raise the hardness of your water. Why do you have 45kg of bio media?
the water loss was me just being an idiot and not really used to the sump. The water level wasn't dropping in the sump the first chamber was too packed with filter floss so the next three chambers where gradually getting lower and lower. I've packed every nook and cranny of the sump and external with bio media to make the water chemistry more stable for the discus I don't see the point in leaving empty gaps in filters when you can pack them with bio media :)

Back
Top Bottom