odd gouramis behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hyrules

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 2 kissing gouramis in my 75 Gallons tank. one big and one small. They are sometimes peacefull and sometime like now the big one keep chasing the small one and the kinda fight by wrapping themselves around each other that way they sink on float. it's kinda weird and i was wondering if anybody had an input on this behavior. thanks

is there many hiding places in the tank? if not, then this might cause fighting over the better hiding spots. also, if they are underfed sometimes they will fight...just my experience

possibly there a some hiding places but not that many. Underfed possibly because i think i'm already overfeeding them so i decided to cut a little on food but since they are used to a good amount of food i think i will have no choice but to keep feeding the the same amount as before. That my actually be the cause of the fighting. thanks for your answer.

I finally found of what was the source of my gouramis agressiveness. My water was too hot for their comfort. Since i`ve lowered it they seem happier and thus very less agressive. Though i`ve done this by mistake but this mistake was a good thing after all.

Fairly close 76ºF right now was 82ºF. They seem more peacefull right now than before. My big one was always chasing the smaller one and now they seem happy together. Since Hotter water tend to have less oxygen maybe that was hurting of stressing them.

Back
Top Bottom