oh crap! eggs in my tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just got home from vacation to find a bazillion eggs on a leaf. Can anyone tell me if these are Cory or angelfish eggs???

One of my angelfishs papilla is more exposed and sticking out more now as well. Idk the angelfishs sexes. They both might be female

One of my angelfishs fins are also severely nipled and one angel seems to be defending the nest while the other is on the other side of the tank. Does this mean they're both female?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110821_200131.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110821_200131.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 88
Ahh okay. I guess ill have to wait and see if theh start turning white.
Will a female to defend her eggs from another female?

They are both by the eggs now.
A female will lay eggs without the presence of a male correct?

If you post pics of the angels, someone may be able to confirm the genders for you.

I already have done this on another thread.
Please, check it out.

I have one egg turning white so far, but I know that's normal even if they're fertilized

The parents picked off the white egg.

How long does it take for the eggs to turn white if they're not fertilized?

Yeah, normally if they are all unfertilized they will go white within a day or so, if you still see amber colored ones a few days later then you have some viable ones. If you look closely you should see the eggs vibrating soon.

Just an update, they were infertile so I have two females. They turned white and my fishies ate them.

Back
Top Bottom