Oh my gosh!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joyler

Aquarium Advice Addict
My cockatoo apistos just laid eggs!!! I'm excited, and nervous...lol! I wasn't expecting it, because the female was playing coy for so long!! I'M A GRANDPA (in waiting)!!!

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
pics please

Of? There's nothing to see yet...she's just hiding in a flower pot turned sideways...you wouldn't be able to see anything :)

If look could kill, this shrimp woulda been vaporized!!

Attachments

• image-3742570862.jpg
    image-3742570862.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 163
Very cool. Make sure you get some food for them. Either baby brine shrimp, microworms, or something. crushing up NLS just didn't do it for mine.

Will do!! Thanks rook :) any luck with a second try yet?

They have been hiding out for the last 2 days and the female has really gotten bright yellow. I'm pretty sure I'll see a spawn in the next day or two. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

mfdrookie516 said:
They have been hiding out for the last 2 days and the female has really gotten bright yellow. I'm pretty sure I'll see a spawn in the next day or two. But, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Ya...I've set my expectations at FAIL this time :) that way there are no disappointments, but I'm sure gonna try hard :) I'm just worried cuz my HOB is running a bit of a current for my rasborras and rummy noses...so I feel like it will be to strong for little babies...suggestions? It's a topfin power 60

The babies should be fine with the filter, but you will want to use a sponge or mesh over the intake. They'll stay low in the tank for quite awhile after they go free-swimming. Even with no extra effort, a few are likely to make it through and the parents get better at parenting as they mature more.

As always...you guys are the best!! Proud to be part of AA

Ya I feel like the parents are still young! They are only about an inch long...and the male has the orange on his three fins, with black "webbing" design...but I don't see any red just orange, to a color resembling the orange-red crayon in a coloring box...opinions on strand?

Joyler said:
Ya I feel like the parents are still young! They are only about an inch long...and the male has the orange on his three fins, with black "webbing" design...but I don't see any red just orange, to a color resembling the orange-red crayon in a coloring box...opinions on strand?

Oh, the joys of young love! Lol. Congrats grandpa joyler!

Haha...that's what they called me when I lived in the dorms!! Haha love it...Grampa joyler...sigh...memories :)

Just found a flashlight and looked into the bottom of the pot (hope that doesn't upset mama too much) and saw the eggs! I'd say around 20-25! Hopefully I'm not a complete failure :)

Joyler said:
Just found a flashlight and looked into the bottom of the pot (hope that doesn't upset mama too much) and saw the eggs! I'd say around 20-25! Hopefully I'm not a complete failure :)

Cool! Man... That's A LOT o grandfishies! Lol.

Joyler said:
Bad news...I think she ate her eggs :( darn it...

(expensive glass cup breaks) "Now we know why peacock gudgeons eat their young" says mom. Lol.... That sucks.

Lol!! Well now that she has her territory...I'm sure I'll get it to happen again :)

Back
Top Bottom