Ok, a few questions regarding Breeding Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thanew

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok last time I didn't put enough effort into catching the yellow lab.. this time another one is pregnant and I want to actually get some fry out of it..

Anyways I was thinking about setting up a small breeding tank in my 12g nano cube, of course I wasn't going to use the 3 stage filtration, I may after I put some foam over the intake on the back (what do you guys think)

any special tank conditions I should have ?

So heres the rundown and a few questions..

1 12g nano breeding tank
A few plants (what type should I use, their current tank has some anachris / ferns, etc) would some floating plants do nicely ?
A clay pot.. and of course a heater.

Filtration, should I just continue to use the 3 stage built in filtration and then just put some foam over the intake so when she releases the fry.. or should I just get a sponge filter ?

I think you're on the right track thanew. :D You increase the chances of a successful spawn by giving the pair their own tank. A few well placed rocks and some gravel to dig in should be all they require.

You can buy a sponge prefilter at www.jehmco.com very inexpensively. I've found that merely placing a sponge over the intake sometimes decreases the rate of flow. These coarse prefilters are designed to keep fry out while not changing the flow rate. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom