Olive nerite snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
i got olive nerite snails laying eggs all over my BW tanks.
i heard about how the eggs will only hatch in BW. since my tank a BW at 1.005. i was wondering if thats will hatch the eggs.

how long will it take b4 the eggs hatch?
and is there any special care for the babys?

from what i have gathered they hatch into a larval stage. they need small organisms to feed on like green water. it is possible to breed them at home it just takes a lot of work. the main reason i keep nerties is they dont breed in fw lol thats a plus for many people.

It seem like my have hatch, but cane see them yet or maybe all dead.

Never tried breeding them, but it sounds like a brackish water - greenwater tank with lots of infusoria etc. would be the way to try to breed them. I'm tempted to try it one of these days--it's on my list of projects to do "some day."

I wasn't trying to breed them, they just happen to breed. I just wanted a cleaning crew in my bw n the only one u can find was snails. I happen to found out that RAM snails can do pretty well in bw at a 1.008. I have a couple of ram snails growing in there also.

How do u make green water?

a bucket out side with water and some ammonia in there. finding a local start culture helps a lot.

what i did was i throw in some IAL in there, hoply that will die out n infusoria will grow.

Back
Top Bottom