On the spot fry tank....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jill

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I THOUGHT I would let nature takes its course when the guppy babies came. :rolleyes: I didn't anticipate seeing the helpless little things swimming for their lives around my aquarium. :nono:

Picking up yet another craigslist special tank for them this weekend, but until then, here's where they live....lol. At least the little spout makes water changes easy. :lol:

img_1840572_0_98e1c710968a7b8e49d1322a6f416ddb.jpg

I like it you can even put that in your other tank to keep it warm just have to make sure its sticks out of the water

I have a breeder tank that is inside another tank I'll upload some pics tomorrow

I would like to see that breeding tank in another tank. Home designed?

I like it you can even put that in your other tank to keep it warm just have to make sure its sticks out of the water

I have a breeder tank that is inside another tank I'll upload some pics tomorrow

Good idea!! I want to see yours too. :)

FwA said:
I would like to see that breeding tank in another tank. Home designed?

Yeah, it was a tea jug I bought on clearance and never used...lol. At least it's being put to good use now. I'm going to build a diy sponge filter to go in it tonight. :)

Sweet. I'll be stalking for pics. Love DIYs as I'm on a tight budget lol!

This is my tub pond that is In my room

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120308_174844.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120308_174844.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 70
Right now it is a breeder tank for red guppies and I am going to be making a bigger indoor pond later on

My family has a broken deep freeze and I was looking at it thinking it would be a great indoor pond because it is well insulted. The freezer is around 180g so it could old a lot of guppies

Right now it is a breeder tank for red guppies and I am going to be making a bigger indoor pond later on

My family has a broken deep freeze and I was looking at it thinking it would be a great indoor pond because it is well insulted. The freezer is around 180g so it could old a lot of guppies

Wow...that is a GREAT idea. I wish I had room for something like that.

You can use a trash can or look on craigslist for a 55g plastic drum (around $10s) These will take up a lot less space but you can keep a lot of guppies around 40-50

I'd do that, but I have 5 tanks already and don't have room for anymore. I've already convinced the fiancé to let me put one more in the kitchen, don't think I'll get away with anymore. Lol!

Back
Top Bottom