ONE fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aetherbound

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 female Variatus Paties and tonight before I was about to go out I noticed what I thought was food caught in a current but then realized it was a single fry darting away from something. I put the two most pregnant of the three in a floating fry trap and scooped up the fry in a net and put him in the fry trap as well. The two females were in there awhile and I determined which was the one who was biggest but left them in anyways. Went out and came back and still only the lone fry in the bottom after 2 hours. Is this normal? Does a fry occasionally squirt out early before they give birth to the whole brood?

12+ hours later, still no more babies. And the first one must have went back up through the floor cause it's gone :(

Here is the fattest female currently

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 62
Found another fry last night swimming in the tank, put the prego platy back in the fry trap and nothing after 12 hours. I'm even more confused. I did manage to net the fry and drop him/her in the net mesh breeder. I guess I'm going to give up on the fry trap for now and just try and catch any fry I see swimming about..

There are 8 platies and 7 small Kuhli Loaches, I hope the fry can swim fast! I put her back in general population. Going to setup a 10 gallon for birthing cause I want to make this easier.

Back
Top Bottom