one mystery snail... now have babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GNarnian

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy everyone. I've got quite a confusing situation here! I bought 3 mystery snails from petsmart a month or so ago. Two are in my larger aquarium, and a single black mystery snail is in my smaller tank.

Well, imagine my surprise yesterday when I discovered baby snails in my tank! I never saw any eggs layed above the water line, but these are without a doubt babies. I can't get a picture since they are so small, but you can see the tiny shells on some of the "bigger" ones. Does anyone have any idea how this magical snail appearance happened?! I haven't added any new plants in several months, so I don't think tag-alongs are possible.

Any ideas out there?

I do know that I need a pair if snails for them to reproduce, hence my total head-scratching confusion. Right now, I'm down to two conclusions:

Immaculate Snail conception, or an invisible/ ninja snail. XD

So she could have just been waiting to drop a snail bomb on me, eh? Splendid. Now I wonder how many I sucked up the other day when I did my gravel vac on that tank. -____-

I'm a snail assassin.

Back
Top Bottom