Orange Flash Apistogramma *Breeding again*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's good to hear. I remember LWB saying that he lost some of his GBR fry every time he did a PWC, no matter how small. I know GBRs are not near as hardy as Apistos, so I figured I would ask the question. My tank is way past needing a reset (though heavy planting ensures nitrates stay low). Tonight it gets one!

Thanks.

Well as I had hoped (though not as quickly as I had hoped) they are at it again. They've been showing signs of spawning for the past few days, but last night they did the deed. I think she may still be laying some, but as of now there are a good few eggs (40 +) in the same area as last time, though they are more spread out. I'm going to have a "photo shoot" with the tank tonight. Hopefully it cooperates.

As for the other fry, I've counted up to 9 of them at one time now. They're really hard to count since the tank is so heavily planted and they're rarely in the same area (I don't count them unless I can see them at the same point in time). I'm going to try to set up a grow out tank for them in the next week or two. Hopefully I'll have some healthy fish to sell within the next few months to support my habit.

Congratulations. It sounds like you, and your fish, are doing everything right. You definitely need to set up a grow out tank as soon as you can. It is amazing how quickly the fish will multiply when you aren't looking.

Well here are the pictures I've promised. My camera isn't very good (no manual focus), but I'm going to try again tomorrow. I need to clean more algae off of the glass.

Here goes.

This is a straight on shot of one of them.
looking.jpg

Here's the side of one and another ducking behind some stargrass.
two.jpg

Good luck raising your fry. The ones I have raised I sold to my LFS for 40% off of the price the normally sell them for. They give me in store credit which I use to buy more fish and plants.

Back
Top Bottom