Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Panda Cory Breeding Suggestions?

Iíve been keeping a 29 gal tank for some time, ever since I had a mating pair of angelfish, from my community tank. They had become aggressive toward other members of the tank, so I gave them there own 29 gal. Sadly, the female passed away, and the male was left alone. I decided to move over three Panda Cory Cats, to both relieve some bio load on my community tank, and to keep him from being to ďlonelyĒ. After about three months, I notice some tiny fry swimming in some java moss that I had planted. Two weeks later, Iím looking at about twenty Panda Cory Fry, and no place to put them. I know that allowing them to stay in the 29 with result in an absolute crash, but I donít want to set up another tank. What should I do? Perhaps sell (Iíve never shipped, and the LFSís in my area only offer I store credit, but I donít need more fish.) or move some back to the community tank? (If I could sell, Iíd love to make a small profit to fund the hobby.)

Old 11-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello jack...

You need to keep the Corydoras' tank water extremely clean. Gradually work up to the point you change half or more of the tank water every few days. A 50 percent water change done twice weekly isn't too much. Move some of the fry if possible. i doubt you can make a profit with 20 fish. You'd need to breed many dozens to make it pay and even then shipping and guaranteeing healthy fish would be costly.

B

Old 11-24-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I'm thinking the angel will eat them if left in the tank with fry.

So if you want to sell them, I'd get them their own tank and list them on eBay. Maybe grow them just a little and sell groups of 6 for $30 + overnight shipping? You'll probably want to include a heat pack or two given the winter temps.

It might be more trouble than it's worth since skipping problems can arise and you'd have you refund the buyer and be out shipping costs.

The other option would be to list them on your local cragslist.

Good luck!

Tags
breed, breeding, cory, panda, panda cory, suggestions

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com