Panda molly giving birth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onegirl2minds

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sooo excited!!! I just caught my panda molly giving birth!!!! It was completely by accident. I was looking at one of my platinum mollys, who is also pregnant, because I thought she was about to give birth. When suddenly I saw a fry swim pass, then I looked at my panda molly just as she dropped another! I did not even suspect she was about due. I have had mystery fry before and was hoping a some point to actually witness a birth. I am so glad I did! I have 3 fry that made it from this other mystery batch and are now are swimming with the big guys.

I probably shouldn't have, but I moved her to an empty 2 gallon tank because she was being harrassed by the other fish. I cleaned it out and put water from the main tank in it. I then put a floating plant into the tank for the fry to hide. She seems very relaxed and calm. There are about ten fry now, including the ones I caught from the main tank. I think she is finished dropping fry because she is a lot thinner now. I put a little food in the tank for her to eat and I will be putting her back in the main tank soon.

You got it right. I always move my females out of the big tanks. Keeps fry safe and the female from getting damaged from others trying to eat fry as they are born.

Back
Top Bottom