Parrot fish eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blood Parrot Cichlids are actually in-fertile if I remember right.

In actuality, many males are sterile, but not all. Due to that discrepancy, finding good info about breeding them can be a bit difficult.

How are your eggs doing? Is there any sign of the eggs being viable? Often the eggs will appear stark white if they are not viable.
Even if they are viable, it is not uncommon for fish to eat the first few batches of eggs that they lay. Also, keep an eye our for aggression in that size tank. You said you are getting a bigger one, so that is good. :)

In actuality, many males are sterile, but not all. Due to that discrepancy, finding good info about breeding them can be a bit difficult.

How are your eggs doing? Is there any sign of the eggs being viable? Often the eggs will appear stark white if they are not viable.
Even if they are viable, it is not uncommon for fish to eat the first few batches of eggs that they lay. Also, keep an eye our for aggression in that size tank. You said you are getting a bigger one, so that is good. :)

Yes about 1/4 of the eggs are that white color now and I was wondering if they indeed hatch how long would it are like a week?

Generally it takes cichlid eggs a few days for them to turn to free swimmers. I am not positive about this fish in particular though.
With that many of the eggs white, watch out for fungus. Bad eggs can fungus up really fast.

Generally it takes cichlid eggs a few days for them to turn to free swimmers. I am not positive about this fish in particular though.
With that many of the eggs white, watch out for fungus. Bad eggs can fungus up really fast.

Alright thanks

Back
Top Bottom