Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Partial water changes with baby platys?

I just realized that I have two baby platys in my tank, and the tank is due for a partial water change tomorrow (I do a partial every week). Is it ok to do the water change with the babies in there? I haven't seperated them from the tank because they've made it this far, they are about 1/2 in. long. Just didn't know if the change of water would kill them, or if it's worse to not do the change? What do you all think? Kathy

Old 11-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!

You should have no problems doing a PWC with fry in the tank. Just don't suck them up. I do PWCs with tons of guppy fry in my 20L.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Water changes will infact be of benefit to your fry - they need good water conditions to help them grow big and healthy!

Tags
baby, partial water change, platy, platys, water changes

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com