peacock finally pregnant!!!!!! i think lol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok well i have had a male and female peacock for a while now and they never seemed to be interested in each other. i went away for the weekend and came back to what i thought would be all very hungry fish. well i fed them and watched them all eat like usual but the female didnt come. so i took a closer look and it appears that there is a bulg in her mouth so i think she is finally spawning. i will geta pic later. i just thought i would spread the good news.

i forget the kind it is. i got a pic of her though. i will take a pic of the male tonight to hopefully. i have 2 males and only 1 female so i have 2 possible fathers. they are both very very similiar though. this is the best pic i could get of her casue she is hiding alot.
img_639107_0_e8daceb24a083bfad8f83e40e6031bc9.jpg

peacock finally pregnant!!!!! lol i think

i already made this post in the breeding section but we all know the amount of flow that section gets lol. just wanted a opinion on whether or not u think she is pregnant. thanks
click to make it bigger
img_639174_0_e8daceb24a083bfad8f83e40e6031bc9.jpg

looks like it.
should be able to see her swishing them around when she opens her mouth.

all the best with them..

Matt

not sure exactly how old but i bought her about 4 months ago. she is about 2 - 3 inches. she is pretty well rounded. she seems to have bulked up before she took on the eggs. i am going to let her spit in the main tank the first few times to let her get used to breeding then i will try getting her out. i hope everything goes well :)

i already made this post in the breeding section
Then you know why this is being moved and mergerd.
but we all know the amount of flow that section gets lol. just wanted a opinion on whether or not u think she is pregnant. thanks
Regardless of how much traffic a forum receives, this is a double post.

lol i always get caught doing that!!! sorry. i will refrain from doing that. well here is the family. the 2 males and female. she doent look like she is holding in this pic but she is. the males are getting very nice colour to them.
img_639702_0_1fd1ba000181439ce7208a88524094e1.jpg

is there a way to tell who the father is? will he be hanging near the female more? chasing others away? i would like to know because i think the bottom one is the same species as the female and the other one i just got given to me from someone who had alot from breeding. i will work on better pictures of them . i prefer to take the picture without the flash so u get the real colours.

Back
Top Bottom