Peacock Gudgeon Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
So My friend and I were messing with the non working sponge filter in my peacock gudgeon tank. Well there was a male inside it and a bunch of eggs! The eggs are now safe thanks to my friend, but the other fish ate half of them as soon as they were exposed. I just got these fish about 2-3 weeks ago. I was not expecting them to even be old enough to breed yet.

Has anyone else bred these fish? I have 18 of various life stages in a 55g, planted tank. There are some caves, tubes and flower pots for them to lay eggs in. I want to build up my population but I don't know if I keep the eggs in the tank or take them out or what? Right now I have them set up with water circulation in a bottle with slits in it in the main tank. I could fill another tank with the 55g tank water and put the eggs in there if need be.

I have a email in to the breeder I ordered them from but I always like to here multiple opinions and ways of doing things. :)

No wigglers yet. I am hoping these eggs are viable but not sure. I guess they hatch within 5 to 6 days of being laid. I have no idea when mine were laid.

So far I see no movement. Its been over 6 days now. I do have green water ( ugh ) so its hard to see. I think I will clean out the contraption for the eggs we have rigged and just let nature run its course next time.

Back
Top Bottom