Peacock Gudgeons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clare

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am in the process of attempting to breed peacock gudgeons and would love to hear about anyone else's experience in doing so.

I have 7 fish in a 20G long - 2 males and the rest females (fairly sure on sex though these are young fish but the males have the bigger bulging heads). I have had two spawns but the male involved seems to have eaten the eggs.

These fish seems not to like lots of activity around their tank so I have shrouded it with a black cloth to give them a more secure feeling environment. They are also pretty fussy eaters and only want live tubifex worms, though I have also been able to sneak in some frozen glass worms (mosquito larvae). I have also provided PVC tubes and layered slate hiding areas.

Anything advice would be totally appreciated...thanks!
Clare

your tank is way over stocked when these fish get bigger there not going to have enough space too hide from the male and second you only need one male i would advise getting a 55 gallon if possible that would be perfect for them with a couple clay pots a couple pieces of slate with a bare bottom

Thanks for the video, Jetajockey ... I think I will try pulling the next tube. These fry look incredibly small, like my spawns of German blue rams last year. Thankfully I have kept the vinegar eel and microworm cultures going. :)
And, Bigpapafish, I respectfully disagree with your reply....thanks for submitting it though.

i know as soon as i posted that i looked up on how big peacock gungens get you were right

Back
Top Bottom