Pearl gourami bubble nest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neosilee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male gourami has made a massive bubble nest and banished my female to the other end of the tank. Is there something I should be doing? I haven't looked into breeding at all.

It's a 55 Gallon, lots of plants. Black neon tetras, glow light tetras, kuhlis and corys. He hasn't bothered any of them, just won't let the female in that corner.

Attachments

• IMG_7259.JPG
    IMG_7259.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,253
I've never breedgourami's nor have I looked into this, it's fascinating I may have to read up on this after seeing that picture aha

I've never breedgourami's nor have I looked into this, it's fascinating I may have to read up on this after seeing that picture aha

I'm just glad I had read enough to know that they do this, instead of immediately panicking that something was majorly wrong with the tank [emoji846]

That's exactly what I'd have though probably thinking my daughter had put soap in the tank [emoji23]

Sounds like he's "in the mood for love." Give them plenty of good food and I bet you'll have eggs soon. Then the question is what to do with the fry?

Hint: Good excuse for another aquarium. ;)

Sounds like he's "in the mood for love." Give them plenty of good food and I bet you'll have eggs soon. Then the question is what to do with the fry?

Hint: Good excuse for another aquarium. ;)

If I had my own place, with a basement, I would have tanks everywhere. They've calmed down for the moment, but if I do happen to get babies, I do have a couple of local lfs that would take them. I don't have the space for another tank big enough for pearls. :)

Back
Top Bottom