Pearl Gouramies spawned..in community tank..advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grlunderrainbow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hadn't planned this..but i guess he had other things in mind?
1 of my male pearls (there are 2) had been tending to a nice bubble nest in a still corner of the tank..but for the life of me, I saw nothing in it..
well today, the nest was gone..and I can see the babies.
Doubt they have much of a chance.in this tank..the temp was raised for fear that a new cory had ich..but was recently lowerd back to 78...need to go down to about 76..but this is probly cool for gourami fry?
Plus there's predators lurking below...(cories/hillstream and zebra loaches/BN/Clown Pleco/Glass Cats/Otos
ANy tips?

make sure your filter intake won't suck them in. or you could get a rubbermaid quarantine tank if you're short on money and stick them in there. that way if the babies develop something, you won't have to treat the whole tank, just them. there are also baby fry net dealies. they work like mini quarantine tanks except right inside your tank. they're about the same price as a rubbermaid.

hth and congratulations on your new additions!! :D

The net breeders are very nice. I bought one form walmart for like $3 for my 9 baby guppy fry. It is probably 6"x4"x5". You just clip it on to the side of your tank and it hangs right on the inside. It's the best $3 i spent for my tank so far. :mrgreen:

allright

got a net ..although I got one from LFS..and it was 2$ more than walmart..but I needed to go to LFS anyway..and get some baby food..
so far still some babies in nest..despite power being out for an hour and a half..

Back
Top Bottom