Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Penn-Plax Aqua Nursery

I have a pregnant Platy that I just put her in a Aqua Nursery Automatic Circulating hatchery. Anybody used this before? Its got two compartments with a air hook up in the tube between them to draw water through the system. Any pitfalls I should be aware off? First prego fish so we're flying blind. She isn't psyched about being in there, but isn't acting to funny. The Male on the outside seems more agitated than her.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have never used that particular brand before but with the regular breeding traps, the babies just sink to the bottom where the mom can't get to. Don't over feed the mom to keep the pollution in the box down. If she doesn't drop her babies within several days then put her back. Staying in the box for longer will stress her out even more.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com