Peppered Cory catfish eggs fertile or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pls1210

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415632359.869234.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415632391.468578.jpg

There are also some on a piece on my filter but I couldn't get a clear shot. They were laid sometime early this morning when I woke up they were lighter in color then within about 30 minutes they started to darken up. The ones on the front of the glass (picture 1) are darker than the ones on the back (picture 2).

Corydoras Eggs

View attachment 255391
View attachment 255392

There are also some on a piece on my filter but I couldn't get a clear shot. They were laid sometime early this morning when I woke up they were lighter in color then within about 30 minutes they started to darken up. The ones on the front of the glass (picture 1) are darker than the ones on the back (picture 2).

Hello pls...

The fertilized eggs will turn an amber color. Provided the other fish in tank don't have them for lunch, you should have fry in about three days. If you can, remove them with a credit card like tool and put them in another, safer tank. The new tank must have close to the water perameters, though.

B

Thanks for the info I will probably just leave them there and take my chances I just redid that tank so there are only the catfish and a gourami and so far they haven't messed with them so maybe a few will make it!

Back
Top Bottom