Peppermint Plecos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allthingslife42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys I have 2 males and 2 females bought from a previous owner who said he had bred these guys however due to having discus in the same tank was never able to grow the fry up as they became discus snacks.

Have been trying to breed one of the males and females (unsure if they are a couple) for a week or so ago using the same techniques I bred common bns with.
This technique was the old classic mimic natural weather patterns by removing a lot of water just before a storm system or heavy rains. Over the next few days gradually increase the water by roughly 10% per day til the tank was full to mimic fresh water flow. Of course keeping plentiful amounts of food in there too.

Now i know with commons, flapping of fins while inside their caves is a sign of good health.

The peppermint plecos arent flapping their fins even with enough caves and food. A weather system is only moving in today and have removed some water, havent given up all hope yet lol

Temp atm is 24C (75.2F) have been increasing temp by 1 degree celcius every few days to mimic warmer weather (same as commons).

Ammonias, nitrites and nitrates are good

Havent tested pH (possible problem?) Should be roughly 7.5

Should i continue with this same technique or are there pros out there generously willing to provide me with some top tips thank you

Apologies with the essay just wanted to give you a good insight on the situation

Having any luck?
Still no luck, a good friend gave me a water change technique he uses for all his plecos.
Would prefer to set up a constant water change flow to 100% mimic a fresh flow water stream but thats a project and a half

i have a automatic water change system for about one year. before that my corydora would lay eggs once in awhile mostly december and january, since my new water change system that drips cold water 3 hours a day (about 10 -15 % ) my corydoras are laying eggs almost every month now? i not sure if plectos like new water ? but the corydoras seem to like it

i have a automatic water change system for about one year. before that my corydora would lay eggs once in awhile mostly december and january, since my new water change system that drips cold water 3 hours a day (about 10 -15 % ) my corydoras are laying eggs almost every month now? i not sure if plectos like new water ? but the corydoras seem to like it
Could you post photos and a rough explaination of what you did?

Back
Top Bottom