Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Phantom Tetra's

Hi Guys,

I have only had my fish tank up and running for a small period of time, and I have two black phantom tetras. One female, one male. I have thought for the last couple of days they may be 'courting' each other because their colours have been very vivid and they have been chasing each other up and down the tank and bumping each other.

But now my female has retreated into one of my rocks (which is very dark) and is just sitting there. Is this normal for females before releasing eggs? Or could something else be up?

I have done nothing to initiate them breeding, and have only had them in the tank for a bit over a month.

Anyone have any experience with Black Phantom Tetra's?

Thanks

Tags
tetra

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com