Piranha eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CNew66

Aquarium Advice Regular
They have laid eggs for the second time. I may try to raise these ones. The first time I disnt care to much and dumped the eggs...

Sent from my C6730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1413336709789.jpg
    1413336709789.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 179
Just remember to keep the lights dimmed on the eggs. I don;t know that they are photosensitive as with Tetras but the fish likes cover so it's probably a safe bet. It can't hurt the eggs being too dim. You'll want to increase it slightly once the eggs hatch.

Good luck and keep us posted (y)

They have all hatched and are now swimming around the tank. They almost look like tiny little tadpoles. Lol. Ive counted around 70. Who knows how many are actually in there.

This is so cool! I bet you could get a lot from your LFS for them too!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The best one I could get... camera wont focus on them. LOL. In the corner and across.

Attachments

• 1413803622357.jpg
    1413803622357.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 149
Well, I decided to do a count again today and it looks that right around 100 - 110 have survived so far. Just leaves me wondering how many will actually make it to adulthood... only the 5 I have now survived from my cousins batch of 65 juvies.

I did another count yesterday. Either they are hiding very well, or there is something happening to them. I cant seem to find more than 15.

I did another count yesterday. Either they are hiding very well, or there is something happening to them. I cant seem to find more than 15.

What are you feeding them and how often?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom