Plattys breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Awesomefazekas

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 2 orange plattys and I did research and I've concluded they are male and female and I've read that if u put a m and f together you will get fry but i haven't seen any signs of the female being pregnant yet so can someone explain whats up

Possibly not a male and female?

Maturity?

Do they seem active and healthy? Of the female is not healthy (correct me if in wrong) then the male doesn't see her as a potential mate?

Sometimes the female could be to stressed to want to mate with the male due to him always bugging her. If you have enough space I'd say grab another female or two and see what happens. If you post a pic I might be able to tell you a bit more about them.

If you have a female and bought it at a pet store consider her hit. Look in the bottom rear by the anal fisn. If you see a dark area then you will have fry at some point.

My bet is she's either already pregnant (they hold longer than you think), or she's overly stressed from being a single mate.

Back
Top Bottom