Platy and swordtail fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rinzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have platy and swordtail fry. The swordtails are a month old and the platys are two weeks old - some of the swordtail fry don't look like they are growing - should I cull the runts? They are now smaller than the platy fry. Also, there are a couple platy fry in my main tank that I couldn't get out but they seem to be fine - but their color is a lot more vibrant than the ones I have separated - any reason for that?

Im not sure how fast swordtail fry grow. Did you try googling this? They may just grow slower than platties, so they may not be runts at all. I don't have experience with swirdtails though.

It's not all of them - I have 10 swordtail fry that are good size - about 3/4" long and the rest that were born the same time are smaller than the platies that were born 3 weeks later

I have this situation with my Mollies... Some are TINY!! My older ones are 1"- 1 1/4" and the few runts are 1/4-1/2" mayyybe... I'm stumped also!!

Back
Top Bottom