Platy breeding issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guppyman34 said:
Would it be ok if I kind of put a net in the tank and kept him in there? For now?

Like a net you net your fish out with?? If it is I wouldn't because of stress her/him out but depends on length of time. Sorry for budging in this thread but I have platy fry.

Fishie said:
Like a net you net your fish out with?? If it is I wouldn't because of stress her/him out but depends on length of time. Sorry for budging in this thread but I have platy fry.

I agree :)

It's perfectly fine, thx, hmm, because I don't really have time to go to our fish store in the next week to a week and a half

Fishie said:

Sorry, my previous reply was to this

So is there anything I can do now with normal fish equipment?

Guppyman34 said:
So is there anything I can do now with normal fish equipment?
You could make homemade breeders trap or something like it just look it up .

Well here is my one fry, almost a month old to my best estimation, any guesses on whether its a platy or guppy?

Attachments

• image-1168265271.jpg
    image-1168265271.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image-775815258.jpg
    image-775815258.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3710758124.jpg
    image-3710758124.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 49
Guppyman34 said:
Well here is my one fry, almost a month old to my best estimation, any guesses on whether its a platy or guppy?

Hmm kinda hard to tell but I would guess guppy.

So how can you tell the difference between guppy and platy fry?

Guppyman34 said:
So how can you tell the difference between guppy and platy fry?

Body shape and tails IMO my fry platys were different .

ocminpin said:
My platy fry look like tiny little sharks with their top fins.. So cute
Aww... Well now that I think about it this fry does look a lot like my guppy fry from a while ago, wonder how this one will turn out.............

Back
Top Bottom