Platy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was just doing a PWC when I looked at my breeding trap and swimming with my blue mickey mouse platy were 4 fry! I started looking In the trap and found 5 more. Then I went on with my cleaning, when I was done I looked at the gravel and what did I see? 2 little platy fry! They are smaller then guppies and slippes through the holes on my trap, so warning if you haber platy fry due make sure they cant slip through the holes one your trap

I was just doing a PWC when I looked at my breeding trap and swimming with my blue mickey mouse platy were 4 fry! I started looking In the trap and found 5 more. Then I went on with my cleaning, when I was done I looked at the gravel and what did I see? 2 little platy fry! They are smaller then guppies and slippes through the holes on my trap, so warning if you haber platy fry due make sure they cant slip through the holes one your trap

Congrats! I've had two batches of platy fry. Only one survived from the first batch because of their size and falling through the trap so I bought a tank divider and the fry are living on the one side until I can figure out what to do with them all. There were 43! I think the weaker ones are dying though because I've had them a week and I can only count about 30 now. Good luck with your fry! Aren't they adorable??

Congrats on the new fry! My guppy just had fry and they were pretty tiny too, same size as my friends platty fry at birth, my mollies have way bigger fry. :)

Thanks guys!

Tasha, My mailbox is full and I cant delete messages on my phone or I would have inboxed you. Last night Oreo (TB) passed away. I found her this morning curled in a very tight S

Thanks guys!

Tasha, My mailbox is full and I cant delete messages on my phone or I would have inboxed you. Last night Oreo (TB) passed away. I found her this morning curled in a very tight S

Oh Im so sorry!!! :( Well she sounds to have had a really bad and hard case, so shes probably doing much better now in fish heaven ((HUGS))

RIP Oreo

Back
Top Bottom