Platy Fry and a whole lot of em!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arrynyo

Aquarium Advice Regular
my female molly, the one that dropped that one lone fry produced a lot of fry today. she had the box shape on her and i put her in a breeder trap. within minutes, she dropped one fry, and before i could grab the net she had already snapped it up. i waited and had my tools ready, and my girlfriend kept watch as she dropped more. she got away with 2 that i saw, and a couple made it out of a botched transfer from the breeder to a temporary fish bowl and they are taking a chance with the general population. they seem to be doing fine, hiding in the live plants i have. i counted at least 20 in the fishbowl, and i dont know how many are free in the tank with the big boys. but im glad i finally had a successful birth after waiting almost a year....and my only question is this: how long should i wait until i send them back to the community? ive heard 4-5 weeks but my molly fry were still snack sized when they got that far. should i set a time, or just wait until they are too big to be eaten? (i think i just answered my own question.) and i will be moving them to a recently purchased 10gal tomorrow as well:D

Back
Top Bottom