Platy/guppy breeding possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlbinoShark53

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just adopted a bunch of guppies and decided it would be cool to try to make a hybrid fish. I have only one female platy that's available. I have her with a male guppy in a beta tank right now. I know it's better to have more than one female with the male when it comes to breeding fish but I don't have the option at the moment. Can anyone tell me if this possible? If so, can you help me with the whole process?

Sent using Messenger Pigeon

Livebearing Hybrids

So I just adopted a bunch of guppies and decided it would be cool to try to make a hybrid fish. I have only one female platy that's available. I have her with a male guppy in a beta tank right now. I know it's better to have more than one female with the male when it comes to breeding fish but I don't have the option at the moment. Can anyone tell me if this possible? If so, can you help me with the whole process?

Sent using Messenger Pigeon

Hello Al...

Not all Livebearing fish can produce hybrids. Guppies and Platys aren't related, so don't waste your time. Here's what you can get with Livebearers:

Guppies and Endlers can cross. So can Guppies and Mollies. Platys and Swordtails can too.

That's it.

B

Back
Top Bottom