Platy ready to have fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeathclawRowe1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is my platy about to drop her fry? We just put her in the breeder cage today.

Attachments

• image-4254925003.jpg
    image-4254925003.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3977605211.jpg
    image-3977605211.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 59
Definitely very close. I think mine looks the same as yours and she will be dropping on Thursday or Friday. I'm betting Thursday (for yours, and Friday for mine).

Definitely very close. I think mine looks the same as yours and she will be dropping on Thursday or Friday. I'm betting Thursday (for yours, and Friday for mine).

Awesome!!! I have a new fry tank set up now and they will be very very happy. How do you house your fry? Just curious

Awesome!!! I have a new fry tank set up now and they will be very very happy. How do you house your fry? Just curious

I don't. My fish give birth in the main tank and huge numbers of babies survive. I can't afford to try to save any as too many survive without any assistance from me!

Edit: make a note of the date she drops, 4 weeks later she will drop again. Mine go 4w 1d - 4w 4d between drops.

I don't. My fish give birth in the main tank and huge numbers of babies survive. I can't afford to try to save any as too many survive without any assistance from me!

Edit: make a note of the date she drops, 4 weeks later she will drop again. Mine go 4w 1d - 4w 4d between drops.

Oh sweet thanks for the tip!!! I tried to let the fry survive with a java moss carpet but my Pleco found them...and then they ran and the mama was like hey look food, and I was like oh crap so I had to make a make shift aquarium and now they are about to upgrade to a fluval spec once the water parameters are the same

About 77f. I have a lot of plants in my tank too. One end of the tank is really densely planted and the fry hide out in there really well. Hope that helps! Good luck!

About 77f. I have a lot of plants in my tank too. One end of the tank is really densely planted and the fry hide out in there really well. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thanks!!! My tanks are planted but not heavily so ill work on that! :)

Just another picture of my precious fry :)

Attachments

• image-460997409.jpg
    image-460997409.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 37
Wow!! Yay!! I'd better go check on mine then! Congratulations!

Wow!! Yay!! I'd better go check on mine then! Congratulations!

Thanks!!! I lost two fry over night and mom ate about 2 or 3 when giving birth so I think I have around 20-27 now so I'm picking up a breeder later today!!! That was a surprise so in 4 days she will give birth again?

Thanks!!! I lost two fry over night and mom ate about 2 or 3 when giving birth so I think I have around 20-27 now so I'm picking up a breeder later today!!! That was a surprise so in 4 days she will give birth again?

4 days? No. 4 weeks. :)

Back
Top Bottom