Pleasant Suprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had just finished doing a weekly water change when I discovered a teeny tiny baby hiding out among the Hornwort! :eek:

After a bit of investigating I found 3 more. I noticed the mama had started to square off last night, but I didn't think she would drop so soon. I'm keeping a close eye on them. It's been about an hour, and so far, so good.

If I can get my camera to cooperate, I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Can you let us know what kind of fish you have lol. Your talking about having babies but for all we know they could be water adapted birds. :p

Little bit of information would help haha.

After doing a little research on you I see you have some livebearers :)

Just a little warning, get a plan on what your going to do with the babies now before they get too big. I did't have a plan and I eventually let them all just grow and die because I couldn't get rid of them. Just get a plan settled now, it's the best way to go. Either feed them to your other fish as food, or try to sell them, just think something up before it's too late.

Yayy for babies! Can't wait to see pics! Baby platy's? My sis-in-law has baby platys all the time, and I finally got to see them on Thanksgiving. OMG! They are SOOO cute!!! They are like tiny versions of their parents. I love them, and it took all the willpower I had not to bring some home lol.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I guess I was so excited about the new fry I forgot to put what they were! :D

Thanks for the advice. I was expected an explosion of babies, so the plan was to keep a few and give the rest away. This batch was kind of small, so I'm not as worried about rehoming them.

Lol, I agree! They are adorable. I found a few more fry since since my last post. The count is up to 9 and all are healthy and eating well. For the first couple of days they were nothing but eyes. Now that they have grown some, they are actually starting to look like Platies. For some reason, they really love the moss ball.

Here are some pics.

26656-albums785-picture5562.jpg

26656-albums785-picture5558.jpg

26656-albums785-picture5559.jpg

26656-albums785-picture5561.jpg

While I was snapping pictures, my Cory Cats couldn't resist showing off for the camera. This isn't a picture of the fry, but I thought it was cute.

26656-albums785-picture5563.jpg

Such cute lil babies! They really do look like big ones, just micro haha! And hey, I don't blame them for hanging out on the moss ball, I would do the same thing, cause it's sooooft and comfy!
Sorry I can't say the same about the cats lol, albine things with red eyes creep me out haha!

Back
Top Bottom