Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi can anyone tell me if this neon tetra is pregnant she has been growing bigger in size over the last 2 to 3 weeks she is swimming fine eating them fine and still swimming in the group
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402394843.024422.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402394862.817482.jpg

And can you tell me if the orange guppy is pregnant please she is also swimming fine eating fine and swimming with the group

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402394964.135255.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402395039.966400.jpg

The guppy is pregnant , the neon is hard to tell

Sent from my 801EM using Aquarium Advice mobile app

First, that's a glowlight tetra, not a neon. Second, tetras are charcoids and not livebearers so they lay eggs.

Sorry wrong name of the fish does it look like it is carrying eggs and how long do they stay like this she's been like this now for 2 to 3 weeks

Normally 3-4 weeks. After that (if there's a male in the tank too) the eggs should hatch in about 3 days

Okay amazing so I should keep a lookout now as she's been like this for 2 to 3 weeks just coming up to 3 weeks I would say where would they normally lay the eggs do they Berrien and how do I know if I have the mail in the tank

Chances are that one of them is a male then. She will scatter the eggs and the male will fertilize them

But don't get discouraged whenever the eggs become fish food.
Hatching egg-laying fry in a community tank is almost impossible as they are tasty vittles for everyone, including the parents.

Sholud I move the glowlight tetra with the other 5 tetra so a male can hatch the eggs

Back
Top Bottom