please help asap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alidust42

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 46gal with 5 Glass Cats my 2 male Mollies and my Husband's female platty temp. Well I am almost 100% she is pregnant and looks like she is about to pop but it would have to been from my Mollies. I know you should not have 2 males and one female but we just found out they are mass and my my black is well I guess you can say toddler. Can she get pregnant by my Mollies and I don't want her to eat them so what do I need to do? I have a planted tank with an Egyptian broken vase and I made 2 cave like tunnels out of dinosaur fossils and bones. She hangs out in the vase but my typical males go in and she comes out so I will put them into a different tank or her if needed. Someone please help I haven't slept in fear of her giving birth and eating the babies

Just set up a tank and put her in it for a day and a half tops just check for fry every few hrs she. Keep her well fed and she wont eat them. And can u get pics that will help us tell u when shes due. Or when did u notice she was getting fatter that could help to.

She may be pregnat from a different male. How long ago did you get her? If you can get your hands on a breeders box/ net. If you can't set up a tank get one of the box/net from a pet store. They are just as effective for birthing females .
On the note of her being chased. If you can get some molly females for the molly males to chase instead of the platy. It would be even better if you can get the molly females and some platy females for her to be friends with.
But i understand if you don't want tons of baby's. The Molly females would be the best solution for you if you don't want another tank.

If your trying to keep the fry add some java moss or bunched up anacharis for the fry to hide in if she births when you are away

Back
Top Bottom