Pleco and Cory Breeding Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stingray68

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my bristle-nose plecos and panda cories for a long time now and I love them! I have always wanted to breed them but always thought it would be to hard but now I want to try. This thread will be used to figure out the perfect setup for the fish.

I have an empty 10 gallon for this project. I know that cories like sand better than gravel so that will be the substrate. I also heard that both species do better with dim light so I will put some egg crate over the top to try and cut that down. That is all I know so far and I will keep researching but I would appreciate any tips you may have.

They are all in a 55 gallon community tank. There are 5 panda cories and my male pleco is brown and the female is a long finned albino.

I just set up the tank. I'm trying to make it just like in the wild. I read that they live in areas that are sandy and with few plants.

Substrate: sand with gravel

Plants: crypt.

Decorations: rocks and driftwood

I also put some plant containers upside down in the sand for shelter for the fry. I just put in my two plecos and see how it goes tonight to see when I should add the pandas.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397877717.769544.jpg

Sorry but it is still cloudy

This should be a good setup. All the advice I can really give about breeding is to make sure you have a place for all the fry to grow up and live. And not to get discouraged

Back
Top Bottom