Plecos bred

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am no pleco expert, but don't they look a little like gold nugget plecos from the picture?

Loading... said:
Albino=recessive allele so I don't think any will be... If your babies breed they will have about 25% albino though

My first pair of bristle nose were both regulars and I had about 19 albino fry and 30-40 regular ones. My next pair didn't have any albinos but 4 of them had white spots and were black! Looks like little starlights.

Oceangirl said:
I am no pleco expert, but don't they look a little like gold nugget plecos from the picture?

Someone has said that before, and they do look similar. I think the female is a standard Bn pleco. If it is a gold nugget pleco I got her for about $7!

Oceangirl said:

they look exactly like my little ones to me

Holy cow!! If they are gold nuggets then they would sell for $40-60 bucks once they get bigger. Maybe you could post some photos of the adults?

Amicus said:
Good to know. AND your user name made me look twice!

I've seen you user name a lot and I feel soooo blonde right now I always just thought your name wasn't loading lol. As dumb as I feel I hope someone else gets a laugh out of my embarrassment.

I've seen you user name a lot and I feel soooo blonde right now I always just thought your name wasn't loading lol. As dumb as I feel I hope someone else gets a laugh out of my embarrassment.

Seriously! Well you got your wish im laughing! LOL

I'll post some pics soon. I now have multiple generations in my tank! No albinos that I can tell but I saw them in the act of breeding last night so maybe this batch.

Here are a couple of pics. The little ones are first or second generation. I couldn't get any photos of smaller ones. I also put in a pic of the Albino papa guarding the latest batch of eggs.

Attachments

• image-926998078.jpg
    image-926998078.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image-527959186.jpg
    image-527959186.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image-3443160969.jpg
    image-3443160969.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 61
Here are a couple of pics. The little ones are first or second generation. I couldn't get any photos of smaller ones. I also put in a pic of the Albino papa guarding the latest batch of eggs.

Very cool. My clown pleco is starting to come out of it's shyness. I see it almost every day now.

Back
Top Bottom