Plecos laied eggs... Now what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecolover18

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm so proud that my bn Plecos have laid a bunch of eggs inside the cave. But I'm confused on how long till they hatch, I was told four days is that true? And also what can the fry eat, can they eat algae off the rocks till there big enough to eat wafers and cucumbers? Is there any other opinions for food? Thanks.

I'm so proud that my bn Plecos have laid a bunch of eggs inside the cave. But I'm confused on how long till they hatch, I was told four days is that true? And also what can the fry eat, can they eat algae off the rocks till there big enough to eat wafers and cucumbers? Is there any other opinions for food? Thanks.

They'll have an egg sack still attached so once that dissipates they'll be big enough to eat wafers and veggies. Also 5 days is the average. Instead of cucumber, zucchini is better, and better still is sweet potato. If you go the wafer route, get a good quality one, such as hikari or NLS to give them the same benefits.

I put stones and pieces of driftwood in a tub of tank water and sit it in the sun for a couple of days. They like to munch on the biofilm that develops (that we can't see, but feels slightly slimy). I also feed them NLS wafers, pieces of seaweed sheets and blanched silverbeet. After awhile they join the others in eating peas, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumber, capsicum, choko etc.

Back
Top Bottom