possible breeding auratus??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks, i dig him too :)

its hard to pick a favorite.. i wanna say my venestus RIGHT NOW because hes the first ive had of them w/ a good amount of blue.. however, i think it'll be my flame back once his color comes in :) !!!!!!

& my assumed to be dragon blood is absolutely gorgeous!! & quite nice to watch too so hes in the running also

i kinda just love them all.. except for my ugly auratus LOL

dont diss the auratus maaan. i got given a free VERY HEAVILY PREGGO one today by my lfs cos im such a regular X)
is it a colouring male then? ha
dragon bloods are epic!!! how many in there in total? x

I found your thread regarding identification of your Livingstonii and thought I would share a couple pics of mine. He just really started to dawn his blue a couple of weeks ago.

Attachments

• image-1838278715.jpg
    image-1838278715.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 56
  • image-760275655.jpg
    image-760275655.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 58
mcass he is gorgeous!! i actually rehomed my male living & my male auratas.. i'm trying to achieve my 3-1 female-male ratio

isnt that how the livingstonii look when they are trying to breed? or is that just their maturity coloring? i thoughtttt breeding :)

i think i'm just gonna grab a few more mbuna females to achieve my propper ratio, UNLESS i can find a colorful female peacock/hap that i can get...?

CT pet stores stiiink in my area so its either $40 shipping from a website or driving almost to the next state :(

true but i have an 05 grand cherokee that gets 17 miles to the gallon on its BEST day lol if i can find a sick shop in NY or RI i'll def go for the ride but i gotta be sure they got options for me lol

mouthy you under estimate your protege' :ROFLMAO: hahaha

but i do call w/ the stores further out and they normally dont have anything i would be looking for or i just go cuz my boys are goin.. with the requesting fish, i have from my petland and they havent come through.. the only other i could really request from is the one where the owner doesnt care and i'd rather not even ask him lol

i think i posted somewhere else that my petland lady diiiiid say again that she was gonna try to find me some pretty peacocks or mbuna females on wednesday but who knows lol

my protege? lol!
yeah. i go to my lfs every week (mostly to feed them and help remove deadies) and look at the stock, to see any cool new comers. they gave me a free and very heavily preggo auratus! iv sorta adopted some of them, id h8 if they got sold.
u need to find a special one and make a bond with it, so u get first pick and free fish :p x

i just grabbed 3 new 1.5-2inchers tonight.. theyre tiny but i'm hoping they survive & i got all 3 for $15 so i cant complain lol

got a:
female kenyi w/ amazing striping :)
HOPEFULLY female bumblebee cichlid :)
& one more i already forgot the name of LOL

the last 2 pics are my already unknown haha the dude told me its male species turns blue & this one who is 'likely' female will stay yellow w/ the white spread throughout .. anybody?? i know its not much to go on but take a peek

anyway, i'm happy!! but again, i just hope they survive -_-

Attachments

• image-3925884322.jpg
    image-3925884322.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 51
  • image-4263411949.jpg
    image-4263411949.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2584621503.jpg
    image-2584621503.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image-2380567739.jpg
    image-2380567739.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 53
sounds like a pseudotropheus johanni female? looks it too.
and the bumblebee looks feminine too, but i cant be sure.
they are beauties :)

thanks mouth and yes thats it!! man, youre good lol

i actually pulled the vent check successfully today and the bee is fem.. & my ratio is def a bit better now :)

and when the bumblebee gets darker she is gorrrrgeous

man, im good? for a girl haha!
mm! theres a bumblebee in my lfs i love and that is near black its stunning.

but i love your johanni! lively body colour x

Back
Top Bottom