Possible prego mollie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have 3 mollies, had 4 but one died. Well we have one that is getting big in the belly area, seemingly bigger each day. The only other time we've seen this, the fish in question had worm parasites. We see nothing hanging out of the fish, nor do we see anything hanging from any other fish. It's been getting bigger over the last couple weeks, and is now one big bellied fish. Do we have a prego, or is something wrong? I would love to show you a picture, but the darn thing wont sit still long enough for us to get one of it...LOL

Will keep trying, any help is appreciated...

Bear

First I would ask if it is a female or not? Females are easy to sex in livebearer's. I would guess it is a pregnant female. Is the rear end of the fish getting square at all? Are any scales sticking out from the body?

I dont see, and havent seen any scales sticking out from the fish, and I'm afraid I dont understand what you mean by square. What should I be looking at/for?

Thanks for the help,

Bear

*EDIT* HEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPP MOLLIE BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she had 2 or 3 babies in the big tank, so we moved her to the little tank, as the other 2 mollies started trying to eat the babies...hopefully the 2 in the big tank can survive...

*EDIT 2* 1 survivor thus far...what do I feed him?

Congrats LOL. Feed them finely crushed flakes. Parents will eat the fry so watch carefully. For future reference squaring off means from the back of the fish the fish's bottom gets a squared look.

Back
Top Bottom