Post you fry pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
so heres a thread of epic proportion, a chance to upload pics of your fry or any previous batches! tell us what they are, age and how you achieved breeding the fish. heres mine!

fgd.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

Photo0064.jpg
breed: red zebras
how fish bred: 26 degrees, 40gal tank, 3 per fortnight 40% PWC, defo both red zebra but had other stocking. fed bloodworm and tetra colour disc flakes.

hot boulder sausage with onions, garlic, cheese and wrapped in applewood smoked bacon

bacon and sausage.jpg

Sorry, had to be done. I'm on my third batch of failed Angelfish eggs. :banghead:

ROFL zparticle!

Here is my little guppy fry that was accidently given to me from the LFS. He must have been dropped days before because he was so small.

ROFL zparticle!

Here is my little guppy fry that was given to me on accident by the LFS. He must have been dropped days before I got him because he was tiny. Now has taken off in my 10g.

awww! by accident? howd that happen?
and zparticle, at least ur getting eggs!! whats wrong with the batches? not fertilizing or getting eaten?? xxx

There were over 250 in this batch. The parents ate them all..... little piggies that they are.

I don't have the kribs any longer. I wanted to do something different with my community, make it more peaceful, so they went to the lfs, both parents and the fry that I had grown out to 5 months.

Actually, I was lucky, both male and female (adult) were gorgeous and colored up beautifully in spawning mode.

zparticle, at least ur getting eggs!! whats wrong with the batches? not fertilizing or getting eaten?? xxx

I'm just having a hard time keeping them alive. The first batch was eaten. The second batch I had 100s of wigglers but only a few to the free swimming stage, and then they died. This third batch not many of the eggs got fertilized so I only have a few about to become free swimming, not expecting any of them to survive.

silly fish. sorry about them x
what do u have instead of the kribs?

I still have the kuhli loaches, amano shrimp and rummynose tetras that I had with the kribs, and I also now have white cloud mountain minnows, ghost shrimp, mystery snails, black moscow guppies and creamsicle mollys.

I don't miss the kribs really. It was a lot of fun being a fish "grandma" for the first time, but when they start shooting out 250 fry at a time, it gets overwhelming. I wanted a peaceful community tank, not a maternity ward. :D

Mine were probably 9 months old or so. Got them home from the store. Within a few days, the female knew she'd met the man of her dreams..... and so it begins. :rolleyes:

never heard something so romantic.... about a fish. and i had a pseudocrenilabrus philander that flirted with my best frind whenever she came near the tank. true story!!!!!!

This was our first batch of firemouth fry.

1st picture is at 1 month

2nd is the parents

3rd is at 3 months

4th is at 7 months

Now they're all grown up and in new homes.

Attachments

• img_1446.jpg
    img_1446.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 119
  • img_1486.jpg
    img_1486.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 120
I still have the parents, who are currently working on (I think) their 16th spawn and I kept 2 females from the first spawn.

My LFS takes them since they are raised in the same water conditions as what they have at the store. They have trouble getting the shipped ones to survive.

Back
Top Bottom