pregger guppy help.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbo V6 Camaro

Aquarium Advice Activist
my guppie is preggers, its to the point the other fish are eating her poo to nab the babies.

I have a spare 10gallon tank and power filter

I was thinking just putting in 5 gallons from the tank she is in and some small filters?

please let me know !!

When I noticed that all my guppies were bugging momma guppy, I took some old plastic plants I'd taken out, ripped off the base, and stuck 1 stem a bit under the lid where it closed, so they stayed in one place and didn't drift with the current, but it gave mom and her babies somewhere to hide.

Of course, now it looks like they are all bored of hiding and decided they'd rather explore the tank, but they don't seem to get chased or eaten by the adults as much as I thought they would. They're only a week old too. Go figure

yeah fry in the tank, after a little bit of time, figure out the rotation of the tank and learn to come out and explore without being bothered. i have some fry that escaped when i was transferring them, and they are not only bigger than the ones in the tank by themselves, but they are more bold. and ive also noticed that the other fish dont even notice them anymore. pretty sweet if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom