Pregnant Balloon Molly, what do i do???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tex777

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I bought 4 balloon mollies about 2 weeks ago without the intention of breeding, and now I'm pretty sure one is pregnant( she looks like she's gonna go boom) and I think she will give birth soon. There's one problem with all of this, what do I do when she gives birth and how do I care for the babies???!!!??

Thanks

Hhehhe, I said ballon guppy, I mean balloon Molly ! :D

You can separate the female off, just as you think she is going to give birth, into a breeder box/fry saver or another tank. If you leave her in the main tank some or all the babies may get eaten. When they are born thy won't eat for a day then start crushing flakes into powder and feed them that 3-5 times a day. Keep their water as clean as you can and don't release them back into the main tank until they are big enough not to be swallowed.

Just on a side note: if you bought them to breed but know nothing of fry care you really should research. Google is your best friend.

Thank you and I did not buy them with the intentions to breed. They did it all by themselves .

Back
Top Bottom