Pregnant Black Molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaireSlone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is she just fat or is she preggers? I have had her for a month or so now. Bought her and her "main squeeze BF" from the LFS together (I never realized they had males and females together in the same tank!). They follow each other in the tank and are hardly ever by themselves. She has a white spot by her anal fin that has been there for almost two weeks.

Attachments

• image-3574869245.jpg
    image-3574869245.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2814698150.jpg
    image-2814698150.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2299180949.jpg
    image-2299180949.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 86
I would say she looks pregnant. It is usually suggested to have 2-3 females to every male, since the male will repeatedly harass the female possibly until death.

I have the two black mollies, two lyretail creamsicle mollies, a silver and Dalmatian lyretail mollie as well.

Also, I have a female big balloon molly (poor girl I always forget about her!). I am having a hard time distinguishing the sexes of the lyretails. Anybody have a good pic of a male and female?

Also, I have a female big balloon molly (poor girl I always forget about her!). I am having a hard time distinguishing the sexes of the lyretails. Anybody have a good pic of a male and female?

A male will have a long skinny fun on there belly And the females will just be a big round fin! Don't know if that helped but look it up on google images!

I'm still having a hard time telling the difference via google images. I will try and snap some pictures of our fishies so maybe someone can help me! Any idea how far along Ms. Molly is? I bought her a breeder box. I don't want to leave her in there too long. :blink:

Here are the best pictures I could get at the moment.

Creamsicle lyretail molly #1
image-2237547911.jpg

Creamsicle lyretail molly #2
image-306952202.jpg

Silver molly
image-2561073474.jpg

Dalmatian lyretail molly
image-143722856.jpg

Here are the best pictures I could get at the moment.

Creamsicle lyretail molly #1

Creamsicle lyretail molly #2

Silver molly

Dalmatian lyretail molly

The Dalmatian is a female and the silver is a boy but I can't tell about the other two.

Here are two close ups of the girl in question. Is it too soon to put her in the box? Earlier the other fishies were swarming her, they normally don't bother her at all. I just want everyone to be safe and happy!

Attachments

• image-3743528366.jpg
    image-3743528366.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-686370388.jpg
    image-686370388.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 40
Here are two close ups of the girl in question. Is it too soon to put her in the box? Earlier the other fishies were swarming her, they normally don't bother her at all. I just want everyone to be safe and happy!

You may want to keep here I their for about a week and if she does not give birth then just let here go. That is what I would do if it was my fish.

You may want to keep here I their for about a week and if she does not give birth then just let here go. That is what I would do if it was my fish.

You should never leave the fish in a breeder box longer than 2 days. It will stress them out and is too small :)

Back
Top Bottom