pregnant black mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
t when will my black mollys have their fry its been 3weeks maybe even longer

The average gestation period (pregnancy) for mollies is 28-31 days, however one of yours looks boxy therefore she can be due any day, you can tell when they will give birth as the abdominal area will become swollen and square-like. Good luck hope this helped

Also just a fact; live bearers can hold their fry for multiple months and will not give birth to them until they are adamant that it is right for them.

i hope so i feels like a life time of waiting witch one would you say is more boxey top or bottom in the photo

The bottom one. The top one looks like a male with its pointy fin. Females have a fan-like fin.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

they are defo females they both have a fan like anal fin but ever since they got pregnant they keep them tooked in

thank **** for that seems like i been waiting a life time lol

LOL Yeah, it's been like that for me with my platies;) I am still waiting. hahaha But while that is happening. I got a batch of albino corydoras about to hatch in a day or two. And a load of water changes;) keeps me busy.

Nice:) If you have some java moss or a floating plant, you could place it in your breeder box and your babies can hide in it so mama doesn't feel tempted to eat them. I had a guppy give birth and with no plants to hide the babies. Woke up to a "Full" post-pregnant mama guppy. She ate her fry so I put her back in the tank and waited another month. xD

i dont have enyfink like that i guess its going to be meny sleepless nights ahead

i just put some fake grass in there see if that would help and here is my tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400192742.401630.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400192768.342428.jpg

I like it! Lots of swimming/exercise room:) Looks good!
Hopefully she feels comfortable enough now. Sometimes live bearers will hold the fry till they feel they can thrive. Keep her well fed (monitor her eating so you don't over feed) and you should have babies in no time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

still no luck night two here we go

how long do you fink i have

how long do you fink i have left till my molly has her fry

Back
Top Bottom