Pregnant Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
but wont the male betta kill off the fish?
I think she means put a betta in that tank insead of the mollies. That tank is really too small for them as they need more room to swim. Bettas do not require quite so much swimming room, and one betta in there by himself would be appropriate for that tank.

well i had put a male betta in the tank with other fish .... it killed my fish....and i dont know if i can stop them from haveing offsprings.

and i dont know if i can stop them from haveing offsprings.
You can’t stop them from having babies if the males and females are together. You will have to give some up, or you will be faced with serious overcrowding, which will lead to unhealthy fish.

What TG and Alli are saying is not to have any fish in a tank with a betta. The tank you have is too small for the amount of fish you have (and will be having). The tank you currently have is a good size for a betta.

However, that does not solve your very fertile female problem. Since you are 14, I am guessing you do not have the funds to get a larger tank. I suggest working with what you already have and giving away the fry every time. Keep up with weekly water changes and you may keep your fish happy until a time comes when you can upgrade to a larger tank (maybe a b-day gift or Easter or Christmas, or whenever you can save the money to get a new tank).

I do have the money well i get 20 dollars a month..and I am getting a job this summer i have my interview tomorrow at 9 so that will bring in money and christmas and birthday always brings in the cash. my science teacher wants to have fish so i think i will give him a few of my babies...then he can deal with them not me.

That's great! You can purchase a larger tank for the fish you already have and your science teacher can "deal" with the babies. Good luck with your job interview!

well hes been wanting them so i thought i could give them to him

I need some help! I have a 10 gallon tank I brought for my 10 month old daughter for decoration for her room. I had no idea what I was buying and I got mollies, tiger barbs, platies, gouramis, and a algea eater. I have 1 tiger barb, and 1 mollie left and the rest died. Now the mollie looks fat and its swimming very fast back and forth in the tank. Could it be pregnant and if so for how long? Is there anything else I should know?

Help! :D

When mollies mate they receive 4 or 5 pockets of sperm that the female can use for up to a year. when she is pregnate you will see a black dot behind he tummy that will get bigger as she progresses. Also with mollies they can have babies every three weeks so it is possible she is just big because she is still pregnante. I would only worry if the black dot isn't there. They can also become pregnante while pregnate. I hope this helps you. Good Luck!

When mollies mate they receive 4 or 5 pockets of sperm that the female can use for up to a year. when she is pregnate you will see a black dot behind he tummy that will get bigger as she progresses. Also with mollies they can have babies every three weeks so it is possible she is just big because she is still pregnante. I would only worry if the black dot isn't there. They can also become pregnante while pregnate. I hope this helps you. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom