Pregnant Guppie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i agree with Mumma.of.two, but i move my guppy into a breeding container as soon as she squares off and take her out as soon as she is done.

the gourami are fine as long as they arent butting heads and coming back for more every 2 seconds. You would have def noticed something wrong from the moment they were placed in the tank. Mesh baby net, plants hiding places, keep tank at 78 or 80 degrees. Incredibly easy to breed, no trouble at all.

This is about off topic but I just saw two of my gouramis like circle each other but not threateningly just is that ok

Yes! I like to feed the colour flakes to bring out colour faster, along with bloodworms and brineshrimp powder. Its all three crushed up to a fine power. I have green cobra guppies mixed with the blue V tail guppies...theyre always the same ones, the blue guppies, they look amazing. Same with platies. Hope you enjoy those tiny babies cause they cute.

Also there are four gouramis
---
keep the gourami away! They ate my neon fish when I went to bed; they tend to eat smaller fish

Plenty of hiding plants and a breeding cage/tank would be well off for her :* and congrats, my cousin just got a guppy who was pregnant

That's fine yeah they may have small mouths but the totally destroyed my plant
----
Ripper (my male) does that too o3o;; I moved the two to a 30 gallon because many told me 10 was too small but they do nip each other occasionally which ay mean breeding

Some fish eat just about anything but in some ways it's good; Happy fish keeping and congrats on the fry!

Any fish will eat any other fish that will fit into its mouth. The dwarfs will eat the platy fry if they find them. I have a dwarf gourami (17g tank) and a gold gourami (70g tank) and haven't see them eating plants ever. I did read they would when I first got them but have never witnessed it.

Back
Top Bottom