Pregnant Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DioVeras9

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! Im new to this forum but not to the fish hobby. I have 2 female guppies that are very pregnant and ready to drop soon. I moved them over from my all female tank to a 5 gallon birthing tank. Ive had them in there for about 4 days now and they still havent dropped their fry. When they were in the all female tank, their gravid spots were dark in color but now that they are in the 5 gallon tank, their gravid spots have turned pinkish. They havent dropped any fry, I know this because they are still the same size if not bigger. When I put them in the birthing tank they were squared off and they still are. Does anyone know what could be going on? Any advice would be great, thanks.

Once my friend had guppies. They may look as if they can drop fries at any moment. But it may take some days and if not a week too.. Try and wait for your luck.!!

Keep them in the community tank for about a week. Feed rich in protein foods, such as bloodworms, brine shrimp... After a week or two separate them. They should drop pretty soon. Make sure you have a fry/rearing tank already setup with a heater and filter. It would be good if u could send a pic of them

Back
Top Bottom